Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support
How to add FitDay Friends for Journal sharing ( & Calories burned public setting) >

How to add FitDay Friends for Journal sharing ( & Calories burned public setting)

Notices

How to add FitDay Friends for Journal sharing ( & Calories burned public setting)

Old 12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Question How to add FitDay Friends for Journal sharing ( & Calories burned public setting)

Calories burned public setting

When I switched to a public log, it allows me to alter all of the settings for public/friend/private, except Calories burned. This is set to public - there is no option to alter it.

Can the option to set it like the others be provided?

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-16-2011 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Changed title. Thanks for your help with this FutureisNow!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

I see no option for Calories burned. Are you referring to the Activity log?

There's no such thing as the "friends" setting. It doesn't work as we cannot "friend" anyone here. It's either Public or Private, those are the two options.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
I see no option for Calories burned. Are you referring to the Activity log?

There's no such thing as the "friends" setting. It doesn't work as we cannot "friend" anyone here. It's either Public or Private, those are the two options.
VitoVino, as far as friends go,

Under "My pages" on left side bottom of the fitness journal:

My Pages
My Public Settings
My Public Journal
My Friends
My Inbox

Select "My Friends"

Fitness Friends
This is the list of your Fitness Friends. Your friends can have special access to view your online fitness journal. To change what your friends can and cannot see, use your public settings page.

You can make someone a friend by seaching for them
and sending them a friend request (top left).

VitoVino
Fitness Journal
You have requested to be this user's friend and are awaiting a response.

Regarding my problem, to recreate it:
1. Go to your profile page
2. Select public settings page link near the bottom
3. See the options:

Food Log

Private
Only My Friends
Publicly Viewable

This setting controls who can see your food log and reports about the foods you eat.

Activity Log
Private
Only My Friends
Publicly Viewable

This setting controls who can see your activity log and reports about the foods you eat. In order for users to see how many calories you burn, you must
make your weight public.

Etc, Etc, Etc.

However there is no option for calories burned.

Whe you go to the public journal:

Calories Eaten

Your food log can be viewed only by your friends. Other people can not view this item. To change who can view this item click here.

Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 1,091
Fat 38.4 342 31 %
Saturated 10.6 95 9 %
Polyunsaturated 5.9 52 5 %
Monounsaturated 19.2 171 15 %
Carbohydrate 95.4 371 33 %
Dietary Fiber 19.8
Protein 95.2 395 36 %
Alcohol 0.5 4 0 %

Fat (31%) Carbs (33%)
Protein (36%) Alcohol (0%)

But ...

Calories Burned
This report is public. Other people can view this item. To change who can view this item click here.

Calories Burned: 2,423
Lifestyle: 2,423
Activities: 0

Lifestyle (2,423cals)
Activities (0cals)

When you click "here" there is no option to change that setting.

Whether friends works fully, lets test it. Look at my public journal before and after accepting my friend request and let me know if there is a difference.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FutureizNow
VitoVino, as far as friends go,

My Pages
My Public Settings
My Public Journal
My Friends
My Inbox

Select "My Friends"

Fitness Friends
This is the list of your Fitness Friends. Your friends can have special access to view your online fitness journal. To change what your friends can and cannot see, use your public settings page.

You can make someone a friend by seaching for them
and sending them a friend request (top left).

VitoVino
Fitness Journal
You have requested to be this user's friend and are awaiting a response.

Regarding my problem, to recreate it:
1. Go to your profile page
2. Select public settings page link near the bottom
3. See the options:

Food Log

Private
Only My Friends
Publicly Viewable

This setting controls who can see your food log and reports about the foods you eat.

Activity Log
Private
Only My Friends
Publicly Viewable

This setting controls who can see your activity log and reports about the foods you eat. In order for users to see how many calories you burn, you must
make your weight public.

Etc, Etc, Etc.

However there is no option for calories burned.

Whe you go to the public journal:

Calories Eaten

Your food log can be viewed only by your friends. Other people can not view this item. To change who can view this item click here.

Grams Calories %-Cals
Calories 1,091
Fat 38.4 342 31 %
Saturated 10.6 95 9 %
Polyunsaturated 5.9 52 5 %
Monounsaturated 19.2 171 15 %
Carbohydrate 95.4 371 33 %
Dietary Fiber 19.8
Protein 95.2 395 36 %
Alcohol 0.5 4 0 %

Fat (31%) Carbs (33%)
Protein (36%) Alcohol (0%)

But ...

Calories Burned
This report is public. Other people can view this item. To change who can view this item click here.

Calories Burned: 2,423
Lifestyle: 2,423
Activities: 0

Lifestyle (2,423cals)
Activities (0cals)

When you click "here" there is no option to change that setting.

Whether friends works fully, lets test it. Look at my public journal before and after accepting my friend request and let me know if there is a difference.

Thanks!
I could never figure out how to add a friend. Thanks. I'll have to try it.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FutureizNow

My Pages
My Public Settings
My Public Journal
My Friends
My Inbox

Select "My Friends"
Under "My Fitness Journal" aka my food log, I scroll down and don't see anything called "My Pages" on the left. All I see is "View My Public Settings" and "Check out FitDay PC". Am I missing something??

Okay I found it: Profile>Public Settings Page>My Friends. Okay, I see now.This should be easier than what it is.

The Problem seems to be that you can't even "find" the member unless they have their journal public. I searched for a few and they never came up. Vito came up, but that's probably b/c his is set to public.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-16-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Under "My Fitness Journal" aka my food log, I scroll down and don't see anything called "My Pages" on the left. All I see is "View My Public Settings" and "Check out FitDay PC". Am I missing something??

Okay I found it: Profile>Public Settings Page>My Friends. Okay, I see now.This should be easier than what it is.

The Problem seems to be that you can't even "find" the member unless they have their journal public. I searched for a few and they never came up. Vito came up, but that's probably b/c his is set to public.
You're right. It's the public settings page not the public journal. My mistake.

It should find anyone really. You can't search for anyone without knowing their name so it's not like the name is hidden in the forum. The setting should just control whether you see anything personal after you find them.

In most cases the person would go public if they want to be contacted so probably a moot point though.

I don't know what happens on the receiver's end. Can you send me a request and we'll see; I'll send you one.

Thanks,
FIN

P.S. And I agree it could be easier.

Edit: I tried sending you a request but you're private, lol. Can you send me? Thx.

Last edited by FutureizNow; 12-16-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, FutureizNow. I stand corrected. To say the process to add friends is complicated is an understatement. But I managed to add you as a friend, and I sent a friend request to Mike.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

FIN, I can see your Calories burned on your page.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
FIN, I can see your Calories burned on your page.
Is that all you can see now? I see you on my friend page now, so you should be able to see everything.

The calories burned is set to "public" as opposed to "friends only" due to the bug I mentioned initially, so I'd expect you could see that. Can you see the rest of it now as well? That is the question.

I'm also wondering if friendship is mutual, that is since you allowed me to add you to my friends page, will I also be added to yours, or do you have
to request that I be added?
Old 12-16-2011, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

No, I can see everything. Food eaten, activity, calories eaten, calories burned, custom measurements, body measurements, mood, weight change, and beer consumed. Wait, beer consumed??!

The bugaboo is that a person's journal (I suppose at least ONE part of it) must be PUBLIC FIRST, so the journal can be searched for in the search box so that a friend request can be made. Here's what happens when a person's journal is set to private:

Great question. Once I accepted you as friends, it became mutual, as your name appears on my Friends list.

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-16-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.