View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
jacklin
FitDay Member

Thank you Mary! I actually teared up a little reading your response. I sometimes feel like I'm talking to myself when I'm posting but I've promised myself that I would continue to post the good or bad. One of my issues is that I haven't ever followed up on anything weight related so I'm trying to keep myself accountable. It makes me happy to hear that I can be inspiring or helpful to anyone. Lord knows I'm not perfect so that means alot.

I can relate to looking back at previous weights when I thought I was fat....there was a time when I cringed at the thought of even being in a double digit size...I didn't even know a size 20 and up existed! Now I dream of getting down to a size 12 or 14! My daughter has been a huge inspiration to me. She is only 3 and I joke around that I hope to lose the weight before she realizes that mommy has a weight problem. I joke but it really is a fear so I know that must be hard to hear the concern from your son but isn't it great to have that support and know that he cares? My biggest fear is that my daughter will grow up having the same eating issues that I have and I don't want to see her struggle or be made fun of or taunted by other children. Growing up is hard enough without dealing with a weight issue on top of it!

I will definitely check out the other website you mentioned. It sounds really great! Like you, I'm pretty busy but I'm always looking for new ways to stay motivated. The pounds are coming off but much slower than in the beginning so I have to keep reading other people's success stories and motivating things to keep me going. Thanks so much for sharing! It really means alot!

On a good note, I was down another pound this morning to 193.4 so it's coming off! I have my next doctors appointment next week so wouldn't it be great to report a 180's number??? Wow, that would be amazing. We'll see. My foot is finally improving so I'm going to actually increase my speed a little tomorrow to see how that goes.
7/30/13 225.8
8/20/13 216.2
8/26/13 213.8
10/2/13 203
10/28/13 194.6
11/15/13 189.8
12/5/13 182
12/20/13 178.4
1/17/14 168
2/25/14 154.2

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

I will rise from this defeat and claw my way back.

You don't have to be great to start. You have to start to be great.
jacklin is offline   Reply With Quote