Notices

Motivational Thread starting 10/28/13

Old 10-28-2013, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread starting 10/28/13

It's 1pm and there is no thread started so I guess I'll start.

We are having a few rooms painted so it's a little hectic but I'll post some goals so that I'm mindful of what I am eating.

GOALS
1. Drink 6 glasses of water
2. Eat 4 servings of fruits/veggies
3. Eat sensibly

Personal goals
1. finish laundry and put it away
2. journal
3. finish homework from writing workshop
4. try not to stress--it will only be a week and then everything will be back to "normal" (if I even remember what that is??)
5. buy train tickets and book hotel room

shoot that's a long to-do list!
Jenn
Old 10-28-2013, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys! Once again I've been AWOL for a few months. It's been pretty hectic for me here. I ran my half marathon back in September - I was pleased with how it went! I also finished up the Masters portion of my PhD program a couple of weeks ago, so that's a bit of an accomplishment. Meanwhile, I've had some real struggles with anxiety over the last few months. I've never experienced anything quite like it - I'm usually the fairly even-keeled one in the family. But, this was very daunting experience. Most of the intense feelings have largely passed, but I'm taking some meds now, and will likely for a while. I'm just glad the worse of it appears to have passed.

Health-wise, I'm probably about the same weight I was when I was here last - I don't remember exactly where I was, but somewhere in the low 160s I think. I'd of course like to get back on track - I haven't been doing well on exercise since I ran the half. So that's a goal for me, and my blood sugars are always easier to control when I'm exercising and not eating crap - again, of course.

Anyway, so here are my goals for the week:

1.) Try to eat more vegetables
2.) Make sure to get a few glasses of water in per day
3.) Go to the gym or run at least twice
4.) No alcohol all week

I hope you guys have been doing well.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Joanna. Congrats on the half marathon and completing the masters portion of your Phd. I remember the last time you were here your blood sugars were all over the map are they better now?

Jenn
Old 10-28-2013, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Jenn for starting us off today. I was OK till last night and then I had a bad binge. How can one meal and treat make such a difference? I did lose 1 pound.
Welcome back Bo.

Goals for the week
2 coffee, 3 tea, 2 water per day M-No T-No W-
More veg and fruit M-No T-No W-
Exercise 5X M-Yes T-Yes W-
Lose 1 pound

Last edited by libby116; 10-30-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, thanks for asking. These things are always a bit up and down. I was doing pretty well, but after the half marathon, my insulin levels were out of whack because I had them set for how much I was exercising, but when I stopped exercising, well... you can imagine. That's part of why I want to get back to working out more, so I don't just have to raise my insulin again.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Was finally able to check my weight this morning. Things have been moved around a little in the house. I'm down 2lbs since the 14th so it averages to a pound a week. Woohoo! Jenn
Old 10-29-2013, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Nice job, Jenn!

Here's my report from yesterday:

1.) Try to eat more vegetables: M - pretty good
2.) Make sure to get a few glasses of water in per day: M - good
3.) Go to the gym or run at least twice: M - done
4.) No alcohol all week: M - so far so good
Old 10-30-2013, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'll just keep going here, haha...

For yesterday:
1.) Try to eat more vegetables: M - pretty good, T - not great
2.) Make sure to get a few glasses of water in per day: M - good, T - good
3.) Go to the gym or run at least twice: M - done, T - no
4.) No alcohol all week: M - so far so good, T - a struggle, but pulled through!

I ate like crap yesterday. I actually did okay until about 6 pm when I binged on Lindt chocolate truffles and kettle chips. Then I had mozzarella sticks later at the bar. Silly me Then for breakfast this morning I finished off the truffles and potato chips under the auspices of getting them out of the house. Haha, ah, logic! Anyway, hopefully I can recover from that. I thought about bringing gym clothes with me today and I just didn't because I was like, if I don't bring them, I don't have to work out! I need to stop being so lazy...

Anyway, uh, hope you guys haven't abandoned me all together!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Drink 6 glasses of water Mon-yes, Tues-uh probably not
2. Eat 4 servings of fruits/veggies Mon-no, Tues-no
3. Eat sensibly Mon-yes, Tues-yes

Personal goals
1. finish laundry and put it away uh haven't started
2. journal no
3. finish homework from writing workshop nope
4. try not to stress--it will only be a week and then everything will be back to "normal" (if I even remember what that is??) no sorta
5. buy train tickets and book hotel room YES

Good grief I only have one YES on the to-do list.

Joanna you had WHAT for breakfast?? Yeah, I should be doing more exercising too. I use the excuse it's cold but I could put a sweatshirt on and rake leaves.

Jenn
Old 10-30-2013, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

I know, I know, it's terrible. Fortunately, I think I can recover from it. Unfortunately yesterday was a total bust - if I add my calories correctly, I think I hit at least 2700 for the day. C'est la vie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.