Thread: Starting Again
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 01:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Merimcc
FitDay Member

Talking Hi y'all!

I have not been on in a few days - I am one of those people who is retired and don't know how I ever found time to work! Thanks for the encouragement Stacy, and I will encourage you too. It is hard, but I am going to stick to it this time and I know you can too. It dawned on me the other day that I am in this for the duration, the thought of which did not bother me at all. It made me feel good to realize that I was finally going to do something healthy for myself. I have been keeping my calories down between 1200 and 1800 a day, but I still am eating too many carbs. I am actually walking 15 minutes a day too, which is more than I have done in 5 years! I am keeping it at that for a while, until my feet get used to it. I really messed them up on a cruise a couple of years ago because they were not used to all that walking. They just got back to almost normal so I can't overdo it. But I am happy I am actually walking almost every day. I am not good at sticking to any kind of exercise. So, let us stay the course, Stacy, and all of you who are starting again! We can do it and we WILL do it this time!

PS. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to "friend" you Stacy.
Merimcc is offline   Reply With Quote