View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
LentilsSchmentils
FitDay Member

So, I woke up earlier than usual this morning. I was up at 4:30, and after lolling around in bed for a while, decided to get up and start my day. I soaked some gluten-free steel cut oats in water, made myself a cup of coffee (cold brew, black), and went back upstairs. That's when I decided to start this thread and wrote the first post.

After a bit, I went back down to start the process for getting the kids off to school, making lunches, what not. I cooked up my oats and really tried to be conscious of eating them slowly. It didn't take me 20 minutes to eat, but it wasn't that much. I had soaked 1/4 cup oats to 1 cup water.

Now it's nearly 10, and I'm having my first green smoothie of the day. I really like how it turned out. I used 3 oz of So Delicious Plain Coconut Yogurt, one head of romaine, a stalk of kale (will try to build up the ratio of kale to romaine slowly), a cup of frozen wild organic blueberries, 1 large frozen banana, 1 tsp. chia seeds soaked in water, and finally, a nice big cupful of ice cubes.

I put it into a quart-sized mason jar, and I'm working on it as I write this. I must say, it is quite delicious. This recipe is a keeper.

I bought some escarole this morning. Later on, I'll make an escarole and white bean soup. Just simple, basic, greens and beans type of thing. It'll be a good dinner because it's really quite chilly here today.

I weighed in this morning at 81.3 kg. Ideally, I should weigh 63 kg. I know a lot of folks say don't weigh yourself every day, but I think I need to do it. I know that not getting on the scale is, for me, a phenomenon concurrent with weight gain. Also, as it turns out, weighing oneself every day is one of the habits of people on the national weight management registry. So is eating breakfast. So is drinking lots of water. And so is daily exercise.

The problem with daily exercise is that I had surgery recently, and I'm still not allowed to exert myself very much at all. Will write about my surgery another time. But needless to say, not being able to work out has not helped my situation at all.
LentilsSchmentils is offline   Reply With Quote