Notices

I'm doing the Subway diet...

Old 03-27-2012, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm doing the Subway diet...

I'm trying to eat one 12" Subway Veggie Delite sub per day. Over the last month I'm down 9.4 pounds. I supplement that with a package of frozen vegetables every day. So I'm eating mostly veggies. Once in a while I'll eat some chicken or a small steak for protein. A couple of cookies or a brownie once in a while doesn't seem to hurt the diet.

I've tried almost every other diet out there with no success, this one is the only one that works for me.

I'm planning on doing it for another couple of months to reach my goal weight. According to my FitDay Goal Chart, I'm right on track.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Yum. Now that's a "diet" I could get into. Enjoy!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

If you haven't found it yet, the Subway Nutrition Calculator is extremely helpful! I just used it today, and I would have had a much harder time logging my sub.

Last edited by AshleyNicole43; 03-29-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

I also enjoy Subway, especially on work days. In fact, I went by there tonight cause I was being lazy....got a salad for supper and had them put together a sandwich to take to work tomorrow. No sauces or anything on it, just the meat and veggies. When I got home, I took everything off the bread and put it in a ziplock baggie so it doesn't make the bread soggy....VOILA, lunch tomorrow! I have to be careful with the sodium content though. I haven't totally committed totally, because I just can't live by salads and sandwiches alone. But whatever works for the individual, right? Wishing you continued success.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Here you can see my progress since I started the Subway Diet....

Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Well I'm down a couple more pounds but the big news is my A1C level. (That's my blood sugar level over the last three months) It has dropped from a 7 down to a 5.6 which means my doctor says my diabetes is now under control !! My doctor is thrilled with this number and has congradulated me on a job well done. It was a 7.3 a year ago, which is not good. So 5.6 is a great milestone for me.

I've dropped a pant size and my shirts are fitting better. I'm looking better and feeling great. Hopefully by summer I'll be down to my goal weight !!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

I quit this diet back in March because it was just getting to be too much money...but my health has suffered, my sugar levels are up and my weight is also up... so I'm going back on it starting today.

Looking at the above chart, I'm kicking myself for not sticking with it.....
Old 09-10-2012, 03:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by djwayne2000
I quit this diet back in March because it was just getting to be too much money...but my health has suffered, my sugar levels are up and my weight is also up... so I'm going back on it starting today.

Looking at the above chart, I'm kicking myself for not sticking with it.....
djwayne, I think you could stick to the general plan without paying the cost of buying subway sandwiches everyday. A good supply of veggies, quality meats and cheeses, and some whole grain breads... you are good to go.

Glad to see you back, dude!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

I've tried the "good supply of veggies" at home and it doesn't work. There's something about fresh veggies that Subway uses that works on diets. Their Sweet Onion dressing is very difficult and expensive to reproduce, but it is low calorie and tastes great and makes it easier to eat the subs over time. It really is hard to keep all your veggies fresh without going grocery shopping everyday...At $5.00 a sub it gets expensive, but you get your money's worth, with completely fresh veggies and bread every day.

My weight is already starting to come down !!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Just goes to show that different approaches work for different people. Congratulatios for getting back on the wagon. Have you thought about what adjustments you will make maintenance once you reach your goal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.