View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
rnjane
FitDay Member

Bishop I am going to give you the basics. Tosca Reno has several books on this. It has been around for many years originally created for body builders by her husband back in the 80's The late Jack kennedy world champion body builder. At first when I started I was skeptical but I tweaked it alittle to fit my lifestyle.
To give you an update. I have done this for almost 5 months and have lost 53 pounds. I am losing about 1.5 to two pounds a week. I also with exercise 3 x week I have love over 38 inches. Yep 38 inches on my chest/waist/hips/thigh/arm.

They boast that Good body physical condition is 90 % nutrition and 10% exercise.

I have never felt better in my life. I am running 5 miles a day and just entered for my first 5 k.

• Eat 5-6 small meals, everyday
• Eat every 2-3 hours
• Combine lean protein & complex carbs at every meal
• Drink at least 8 cups of water, everyday
• Never miss a meal, especially breakfast. Eat breakfast within a hour of waking
• Avoid all over-processed foods, especially white flour and white sugar
• Avoid saturated and trans fats
• Avoid sugar-loaded colas and juices
• Consume adequate healthy fats (EFAs) everyday
• Avoid alcohol
• Avoid calorie dense foods that contain little nutritional value
• Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables for fiber, vitamins and enzymes
• Stick to proper portion sizing

There are three phases or coolers as they call them.

Cooler 1- for 2 weeks you eat no dairy and follow the rules above.
Cooler 2 This is considered the basic phase til maintenance. Follow the rules above.
They say you don't have to count calories but I do. I keep mine between 1200 and 1500 calories. I also have a fit bit.

If you are interested here are some blogs dedicated to clean eating. Awesome recipes!

Links removed

Melodie

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 10-17-2013 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Please read the Forum posting rules
rnjane is offline   Reply With Quote