Notices

Can I lose weight without exercise?

Old 04-20-2013, 07:43 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Can I lose weight without exercise?

I try to work out everyday but ... is very tedious sometime
Is working out sooooo important for losing weight ?
Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

Losing weight is 80-90% how you eat. You absolutely can lose weight without exercising. Having said that, you may want to explore ANY form of movement that you will do on a regular basis to improve your health.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

It takes about 3500 calories to lose a pound. You can lose weight by eating 3500 calories less than your body needs or by exercising away 3500 calories.

For example, if your body needs 2000 calories a day to maintain its weight with your current activity level, if you ate 1500 calories a day for a week, you'd have a 500 calorie a day deficit. Times that times 7 and that's 3500 calories which should translate to about a pound loss in weight.

Or if you eat 2000 calories a day and jogged for 9 hours a week, the jogging would burn about 3500 calories and you'd lose about a pound.

Eating fewer calories a day is the easier way to weight loss, but exercise can supplement it and tone your body. Also, as you replace fat with muscle, you'll burn more calories.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Needing to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound is a theoretical formula that does not take into account a persons age, weight, and/or activity level. In reality you don't have to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound, you can lose 3 pounds of water from your body if you just cut the sugar & salt for 1 week, but there's a catch. That's right, this does not work for everyone, once again, your weight is a major factor in this scenario.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I lost 30lbs in 3 months without any "official" exercising. I don't enjoy working out gym style either, but I do have a very active lifestyle as we are ranchers and am always out doing chores, riding horses, gardening etc. But that was all the activity I did, and I counted every calorie I consumed every day. For me it was getting my eating under control that made me loose the weight, and I had to find healthy alternatives for dessert which is a must for me!

So it can be done, you just have to be willing to really regulate your diet and not cheat! I saw a post somewhere the other day that said "If you don't like to exercise, diet harder - if you don't like to diet, exercise harder" You can't get to your goals without doing both but you can find the balance point that works for you!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:12 PM
FitDay Premium Member

All of this is great information.
Rancherwife's post is fantastic.
I personally love to exercise and am upset when I can't. I also like to eat. I have to count my calories for sure in order to lose any weight. The days that I exercise, I sometimes get to eat a treat if I have been good with my other food choices that day. If I know I am going out to eat, such as for a birthday or special event I make sure and work out that morning so I can eat that piece of birthday cake later that day.

My mantra is "all things in moderation". Well, maybe not everything
Old 04-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Banned

to answer your question...YES u can lose wt w/out exercising...I do...when I don't exercise that week...
Old 05-27-2013, 10:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hey
You can't lose weight without exercise, exercise is key to lose weight,
With that you have to required proper diet plan because only workout and without healthy eating doesn't make any sense
Old 05-31-2013, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Exercise is definitely tedious when it feels like a chore. I think exercise ought to be something you love doing and look forward to. I also think having a goal other than weight loss in mind helps to motive you. My brother-in-law lost nearly 100 pounds running when he discovered he loves running.

I LOVE to ride my bike. I love the way I feel after 30 minutes of tackling hills and racing cars. It's exhilarating. If I don't get to ride in the morning, I'm disappointed. I'm planning a kayaking trip and an overnight hike this summer, so I'm feeling super motivated to get in better condition to enjoy the things I love most.

Positive reinforcement instead of negative. Find something you love that keeps your heart rate up! The pounds will melt off and your health will improve.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SpringTime2525
I try to work out everyday but ... is very tedious sometime
Is working out sooooo important for losing weight ?
Yes it's very imporatant to do exercies,but the most imporatnt is your eating habits,you should focus on low calorie foods that will absolutely help you reach your targeted weight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.