Thread: Starting Again
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Merimcc
FitDay Member

Smile Starting Again

Hello out there again! I started this under Newcomers, but my coach wanted me to post under Motivation and Support because he knows it will help me reach my goals. My first goal is to lose 4 more pounds by October 27. I am going week by week, Saturday to Sunday. Actually, my first goal was to lose weight in September, which did not happen, except for one pound. Then my goal was to lose at least one more pound this past week. However, I have still only lost that one pound. I consume between 1200 to 1800 calories a day and have started walking. I have diabetes, arthritis, depression, and high cholesterol, all of which are controlled by medication. I have injured my knees and my feet in the past, so I have not been able to walk very well for the past 5 years. However, my knees (after surgeries on both) and my feet are so much better now that I started walking every day. Just baby steps, but it is more than I have done in 5 years. I am up to 14 minutes a day. I just started walking on Sept. 29. I am 62 and weigh 239 pounds. I am retired, so I work a lot around the house and yard. Anyway, I don't know why I did not lose anything this past week. Maybe I ate more than I thought, because I was not good at logging all my food the first part of the week. I will keep on though, because it is time. Thanks for any words of encouragement you can send my way!
Merimcc is offline   Reply With Quote