View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoremus View Post
I've been running for about 2 months, I'm 35, 5'8 190 lbs so I'm a bit overweight. On Monday I run nice and slow for 60 mins straight <close to 5 miles> and rest on Tues. Weds i run a little faster and do 30 mins, then rest Thursday. Friday I do another faster 30 mins & take the weekend off,

My breathing and heart rate are fine for the distance, my legs are fine, <i do the 3 main stretches after a brisk 10 min walk b4 i run> (Hamstrings, Quads, Calves, 3 reps 45 sec per leg)

The problem now is that after running my lower back is very sore later on that day and even into the next. I know i have a little gut on me lol and I'v'e studied my posture <straight back while leaning a bit forward while relaxing core>.

Are there back stretches or exercises to help with my lower back problem i never had any injuries in the past or any problems at all, but as i said since iv'e been doing longer distance this seems to be my only problem and concern. Be great to hear some suggestions! thanks!

Nate
If you in fact don't have a back injury it sounds like the pounding from running may be bothering it. I'd look to see if your running style or shoes are an issue. As far as back issues, I have a lower back injury and riding my sport bike helps a lot. With that being said, I'd say that pulling your knees to your chest (while laying on your back) may simulate the stretch I get on my bike.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote