Notices

couch25k followers

Old 05-01-2010, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Cool couch25k followers

Hi friends,
I have just started on FitDay to keep track of my progress. I think it is going slow. I am 58 and for the past 3 weeks I have been following the couch25k plan. I am loving this program. I am cutting back on calories but have only gone from 249 to 244. In years past the weight would fly off but come back even faster. My goal is not so much the quick weight loss but the stay off weight loss. Any suggestions? I run every other day but I am ready to do something on my off days.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

I think that 5 pounds in 3 weeks is great! May I suggest weight training on your off days? That should boost your metabolism and help keep off the weight.
I'm losing slowly too-about a pound a week, which is part of my plan. Whenever I've been too restrictive, I've craved the foods I've banned myself from eating and end up binging. I find that not excluding anything from my diet has helped, as long as I log it and eat a balanced diet, and try to stay within 1800 calories, I'm fine. Some days I eat 1500 calories, some days 2100 but I'm still slowly losing, and I don't feel restricted.

By the way, there's a C25K thread over in the Exercise forums. Come on over if you want to join!