View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
savealotman1
FitDay Member

Default dropping weight

I know it sounds crazy but loose weight you have to eat. If you exercise you will burn more calories than your bmr calculation. This is a rough estimate of how many calories you burn in 24 hours not the be all. Everyone is different on how many calories they burn. I eat every 3 to 4 hours at the minimum to keep sugar level so when I do eat I don't eat to fullness but rather satisfaction there is a huge difference in eating what you need and what you think you need. The key is to figure out what you need in calories. So If you track your foods everyday and you have a base say of 13,500 calories a week which is 3500 a day and you don't lose or gain any weight than that is the amount of calories you burn everyday. However if you gain say one pound then you are overeating 3500 calories in a week or 500 a day. Depending on what the scale looks like at the end of the week will help you determine your individual caloric needs. So If you lose half a pound then you know that you burn about 3250 on average a day. If you want to lose more you need per pound a 3500 calorie deficit per week to lose on average one pound per week. If you cut to many calories your body will go into starvation mode and you won't lose anything irregardless of you caloric intake. Its a balance you have to find between your caloric needs to lose weight and your caloric needs to not. Once again to drastic a change will only put your body in starvation mode and no matter how many calories you cut you won't lose anything except valuable muscle which helps you burn more than fat.
savealotman1 is offline   Reply With Quote