Notices

Just a rant.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Zaba:

You're right about not looking as fat as I think I am. People usually assume that I weigh somewhere around 140 or 150. That makes me feel a little better, and I'm glad that I can look slim when I have my clothes on :P It's when I'm standing there with no clothes on looking at myself in the mirror, and my thighs are rubbing together, and I am covered in cellulite...that's when I get upset with myself!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

And one more thing, Jenny. Don't jump on the scale every day!
First 5 kilograms goes easily. It's mostly water. It shows a little bit, but it's water. After that real fat goes away. And it didn't come over night, right? So, it won't dissapear over night, too!!! Maybe it's not easy to hear that, but we're here for you get through it!!! :-)
Old 05-06-2010, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

I know, Jenny!
People when are looking at me, give me about 7 years minus :-)))))))) and at least 10 to 15 kilograms less. So, I guess, after a long time, this is the place where I opened myself about my real weight. I understand you completely.
Especially now when the summer is comming and we have to take off our winter clothes...arghhhh...but, we'll stick to our plan, won't we??? I know I can't look like C. Crawford by this summer :-)) but at least I can look like the last summer. and after that I'll go for another round. I hope.
You just try to learn to love your body and try to make it as prettier and healthier as you can.
(p.s. my english is a little bit rusty....it's been a while since I used it in writting actively :-D)
Old 05-06-2010, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Speaking of people not believing how big you are...I was browsing the clerance racks in some lingerie store and ended up picking up some new underwear (sometimes it's the little things that only I know about that make me feel good!). Anyway, I was at the checkout and the lady looked at me, at the size underwear I was buying, and says "Are these for you? You know they're wrapped around the hanger in the back, right?" My hips are definitely my widest part and I hate having underwear cut into that flabby part of the back of my hip (think muffin-top). So sure, maybe I bought them a bit bigger than most women would, but I just loved that the lady thought I was crazy for buying that size!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

If you can get it, the SmartTaste brand pasta is excellent, my family won't eat the whole wheat either. It's high fiber white pasta, the box is kind of a purple color. The family didn't even notice when I switched to that. I use the 100-calorie whole grain sandwich "thin buns" too. I use those to substitute sandwich bread, hamburger buns, english muffins, toast, even bagels (they are great toasted with a little cream cheese). I can feed the family the "regular" breads, substitute the whole grain on mine, they're happy and I'm less flabby, and I don't have to cook multiple meals.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

I'll have to try that SmartTaste pasta. If it tastes like regular, that would be fantastic! I have been trying not to eat as much bread, also. And this last time I bought bread, I bought the whole wheat 9-grain stuff (I know, not low in calories, but at least better for me than just regular ole bread).

Yesterday I about died (in a good way) - I just randomly decided to weigh myself at 5pm, which usually results in me weighing about 5 pounds more than I usually do, due to eating, clothes, etc. So anyway, I step on the scale...and I weighed 175.2! Usually I weigh like 179 if I weigh myself in the afternoon!

So okay, maybe that's not a HUGE accomplishment, but considering I didn't eat my best yesterday, and I still didn't weigh as much as usual, I felt a lot better about myself!