Notices

Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go!

Old 09-01-2013, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go!

Come on guys get your goals up. It's a brand new week. Last week we started real strong (numbers) and had a pretty weak finish (drop outs).

I had pretty excessive goals for vegs and exercise because I wanted to break my plateau (which I did) and get to my goal weight of 160. I must say I was a little burned out by the time to weekend came. These maintenance goals are a little lighter on the exercise:

Goals:

1. Lots of water
2. 2 hours exercise
3. 50 veg/week
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for starting us, Robin!

I'll join with simpler goals than last time.

1) Eat better (cut out the junk)
2) Drink more (water that is)
3) Gym or walk 3x this week
4) remain positive
Old 09-02-2013, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

I like this week's simplicity.

I will focus on still more F&V. Last week I was well on track, but ended up with only 9 servings over Sat and Sun. The bright side is I could not eat much of anything...and only very soft things... The dark side is the 22 stitches I got on my chin in the emergency room... I always thought you are supposed to use your hands when you are falling down and break the fall, instead of landing smack on your face...

I will try some gentle yoga as far as exercise goes.

Hope this week is better for all of us!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Daily calories:
8 glasses of water:
exercise:
2 fruit 3 veg:
Post daily:
Get back into the 160's
Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia
I like this week's simplicity.

I will focus on still more F&V. Last week I was well on track, but ended up with only 9 servings over Sat and Sun. The bright side is I could not eat much of anything...and only very soft things... The dark side is the 22 stitches I got on my chin in the emergency room... I always thought you are supposed to use your hands when you are falling down and break the fall, instead of landing smack on your face...

I will try some gentle yoga as far as exercise goes.

Hope this week is better for all of us!
Kocia, what the heck happened to you? I hope you are OK!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Kocia, what the heck happened to you? I hope you are OK!
Yes tell us what happened!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Fourteen years of running - my third fall on the trail.

The previous times I somehow knew to put out my hands and ended up with only scrapes and torn clothing. Not this time, though.

I am pleased to say the Emergency Room was empty on Saturday morning. And after seeing my wound (and cringing!) they called in a plastic surgeon. Yeah - get this - I got a Fifth Avenue plastic surgeon to work on my wound! How cool is this?!

Just after going down hard though, before assessing which body parts needed medical attention, with blood gushing out of a huge cut on my chin, bone exposed... - what did I do first? I stopped the Garmin GPS Forerunner... So, you know, later, when I log things - so that later I get accurate data on speed and distance...Reflex. Pathetic, I know.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Wow, Donna, Happy Anniversary! That is so inspirational, hearing about your year of maintenance. For sure, one has to learn a lot about oneself to be able to keep the maintenance and not go too far back to old habits.
'Too' being the operative word there!

Do you have any ideas as to why your cholesterol is still high? Are you genetically prone to it?
I was adopted, so not sure about the genetic part. But I do have a good I idea what the problem is. I had one of those cholesterol tests done this time where they directly measure the lipid components rather than estimating some of them. While the overall cholesterol number didn't change, the culprit was obvious. The chart with "Lifestyle Suggestions" for my "high risk" values state: Limit intake of refined carbs (that would be sugar) and alcohol (whine, I mean - wine). Yup, I knew that, but seeing it in black and white confirms it. Gotta cut back on the chocolates and claret. And the sangiovese, and the tempranillo, and, well, you get the idea.

Goal for this week:
  • Under 35 grams sugar / day: M- no,
- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 09-02-2013 at 03:58 AM. Reason: more mewling ...
Old 09-02-2013, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

I'm giving a shout out to Mern and RS. Where are you?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

All right here comes a new month and another set of goals. That surpizing are just the same as last week. It is raining here so no walking out side. I will do my vid and walk in the living room.
Kocia sorry to hear about you fall. Ii always hate getting stitches. Hope it heals well.
so here are my goals

daily goals
water-8 cups min
exercise 5 days
log everything I eat
post at least once a day.

Last edited by adyndravo1; 09-02-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.