View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #119 (permalink)
dmartz
FitDay Member

Default Maintenance Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by libby116 View Post
Hi all. My head is much better today. The pain meds are out of my system and my bodily functions are back to normal but I tire easily. I won't record my weight till Monday so that should give me some time to get back to proper eating. I am drinking water with lemon and cranberry juice to flush my kidneys. My cravings are gone and I am eating well again. Thank you for your concern. It's wonderful to know that people care about me.
Hi Libby: Good to hear you are feeling somewhat better. I hear that the pain of passing a kidney stone is worse than childbirth.

<Wrote that yesterday. Never posted it. Guess just the idea of pain scared me off. But I said I would post this weekend, so here goes...>

Libby I certainly hope your kidney problems are all, well, behind you now!

It's been a very disconcerting few weeks for me, but I'm starting to be less anxious about recent events. The good news is that the anxiety caused me to loose a few pounds, the bad is I was bouncing off the limit of my 'shouldn't go lower than this' weight.

As of today, Sept 1, its officially been a year since I achieved my 'stretch' goal weight. The past year has had it's ups and downs on the scale, but I've always under my original goal throughout the last year. Maintenance has been hard, especially around the holidays, but not near as hard is losing in the first place.

I don't always eat as well as I should, especially when it comes to my sweet tooth. And, although I've been on a low cholesterol regimen for over six months now, my blood cholesterol is still too high... But I feel great. I definitely haven't been feeling self-conscious in a bathing suit this summer, (or at least not in a bad way - even if it is a 'tank'), and I've got a lot more energy than I've had in the past.

There were time when I didn't think I could get to this point, but if I can do it, anyone can! Just keep at it, and if you slip up, dust yourself off and keep going!

- Donna
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote