Hahahaha! I'll tell DH you're hubba-hubba-ing for him, he'll probably grin wide! Thanks for the kudos on getting a little exercise in. It wasn't much, but I'm really hoping to settle into a routine this week or the next. I should start doing more dinner for breakfast, cod and a tortille sounds amazing right about now. And yeah, we keep the crackers around the house for DH (he loves cheese and crackers) and sometimes I just grab the box rather than thinking about it. If I'm hungry and feel like I need to snack, that's fine for me (I try to just eat when I'm hungry) but I REALLY need to portion myself or I go to town. Glad you found that bad pipe, yikes!!
I don't think it's weight loss so much as the scale finally reading properly - but thanks! I wish I lost 6 lbs. in a week!!! I agree with looking and feeling being the most important, but right now my clothes are feeling TIGHT!!!! haha. I got rid of all of my 'fat clothes' and I am not going to be buying any more of them unless I absolutely have to. My body is going to change, not the clothing!
You're completely motivational!!!!!!! So happy for you, can't wait to see how you kick butt on the maintenance
I love your comment about your hips feeling better - sometimes it's that little stuff that keeps us going. "Hey, I couldn't do this two weeks ago, now I can!" Things to remember!
Yeah, it's weird how that can happen, but I'm going to have to believe the scale and my clothing. We must be similar in that way! I even asked DH straight-up if I looked like I had gained 23 lbs. and he gave me the most confused look. I had to show him the scale. He's a sweetheart though. He said "well, you still look great, but if you want to get back down I'll help you." (Of course, then he proceeded to make a TERRIBLY high-cal dinner that night, see below, lol!)
QUINN!!!! So lovely to see/read you! I wasn't aware that anything was keeping you away all summer, I must go back and read all of the old posts, but I am sending you healing vibes, thoughts and juju! I think the last thing I posted about a year ago was that I had gotten the ring, so you probably did sort of just read it from me! Thank you for the compliments! Hope to catch up more soon
That sounds like quite the day and night you had!!!! I am glad you were able to pass some stones and hope that you feel better in the aftermath. I agree with Robin - super-weird the doc didn't mention anything about stones at all. I would call him/her on it. Sending you healing/comfort vibes!
As for meeeee....
Well, sorry I didn't get back and post yesterday afternoon for my Thursday numbers. Friday totally got away from me. One class went wonderfully (PSY 101) and one went so-so (Sensation and Perception) mostly due to a very quiet class and my sudden nervousness when I walked into the room. It'll pass for the next class, and I have an activity planned so that hopefully they'll loosen up a little bit. I then had a faculty reception thingie to go to (I didn't have to go, but it's good to go to them). They had quite the spread of food - I did, however, limit myself to some carrot and cucumber slices along with two of these finger-sandwich wrap things (I did my best to try to figure out what was in them and log them - best guess!). I had only two thin slices which I think worked out to about 70 calories. There were some far unhealthier things there, so I was pretty proud of my choices. I did, however, have a glass of white wine.
I got home at about 6:30 or so, and DH was messing around the house, which looked like a pit. We got into a snit about it (the mess is mostly his mess - he's a hobbyist and his stuff was just everywhere like a hurricane had hit) and then, after making up, he made me dinner. It consisted of potato skins loaded with cheese and bacon and full-fat clam chowder O_O. I ate it, but man, did those calories bloat right up afterwards, I think all told it was about 1200 calories. Yikes! I appreciated the gesture, but considering we had talked just this morning about my losing weight, I had to roll my eyes a little. Oh well. I'm just in "log it and move on" mode today.
After looking at my log closely and my food choices, a few things are jumping out at me:
1) I need to get my sodium under control, pronto. A couple of days were WELL over 3000mg. I'm the type that's very reactive to sodium, so getting that into a reasonable range should help me a lot
2) I'm doing okay on protein, which seems to be a "life change" that has stuck as I've committed to a healthier life. I'd like my protein most days to be around 30%, and it was usually 25% or so. Not bad.
3) Saturated fat needs a check.
4) I need to talk to DH about phasing out the snacks that have crept back into the house, like crackers and bisciuts
5) I'm really happy to be back here!
Some things to be proud of this week:
1) I work on the 3rd floor of my building, which is very wonky-shaped and built in the 60s. It's 50 stairs up and down to my office, which I climb several times (at least 5 or 6, usually) each day. I've been committing to ONLY using the elevator if I am carrying something or if my ankle is acting up (I have a reconstructed ankle). It worked out really well this week - I only took the elevator three times (when carrying class materials). I'm going to try to make this a goal - to always use the stairs. Sneaks in some exercise when I'm not looking, and usually means I'm climbing 300+ stairs per day.
2) I didn't really have any "binge out" days.
3) Communicated food goals to DH as well as a friend at work who will help me if needed
4) Semester is off and running! Hooray! (I'm a weirdo, I love my job).
Below, I've logged both my Thursday and Friday numbers. I am committing to checking in this weekend, too! I'll need it!!!! We have plans to go out to a winery this afternoon with a couple of friends of ours. I'm committing to limiting myself to two glasses of wine (three if there is a very special one that we want to try) and if we get food, I'll be honest with what I log and try to make the best choices I can. I have work to catch up on this weekend as well - still haven't touched my jobs spreadsheet and it REALLY needs to get up to date. I'm committing to doing that Sunday, as well as making sure my Monday lectures are ready to go.
For my coloring scheme below -
Green = met goal (not necessarily happy with the numbers, especially with the calorie counts, haha, but goal is met!)
Red = missed goal
Blue = goal in progress or not applicable on a certain day
1) Log every damn thing I put into my mouth and post daily, good, bad, or ugly. M: 1,968 T: 1,338 W: 1,560 Th: 1,479 F: 2,107
2) Drink 64 oz, of water a day, no excuse, alcohol does not count M: Maybe 16? Yikes T: yes, about 80 W: yes, 72 Th: yes, 80 F: Not quite, somewhere in the 50s.
3) Weigh in on Friday with new scale M-Th: N/A F: yes. Weight 179.8
4) Stop the mindless snacking M: Snacked mindlessly with lunch. All other snacks were planned snacks T: Nothing unplanned W: Stupid crackers!!! I kept it to a 140 calorie binge though, once I realized where my hand was. Th: nothing unplanned F: STUPID CRACKERS.
I want to add in exercise goals, but I know it's not going to happen this week until I catch up with the semester. Any exercise I do is just going to have to be a bonus, I don't want to set up for failure.
T: Managed to get in 40 minutes strength training (Turbo Sculpt)
I have a few life goals too:
1) Stick with the new hair regimen M: yes T: yes, and tried new product W: yes, though dealing with frizzies Th: yes F: yes, and a fantastic hair day for my effort!
2) Courses done and up online by Wednesday morning M: Got 3 of 4 done T: 4th syllabus done; not online yet. W: didn't happen - I got two up Th: I finally got them all up on Thursday F: altered them to be better
3) Jobs spreadsheet Weds afternoon/Thursday; at least updated to current ****Updating this - do it by Sunday! M: No progress T: no progress W: no progress - this won't happen Th: no progress F: no progress
4) Post up some wedding pictures for you all! M: DONE T-Sun: N/A
Here's to a strong weekend! Stick around guys!