View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
taubele
FitDay Member

Hi there ladies and gentlemen

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me at all, I've been AWOL for a very long time. Life just got extremely crazy for me in the past year (crazy GOOD, but crazy) and it's still crazy, but I've found myself thinking of you guys a lot, and I think I'm preparing to come back and join once my semester starts.

I have a tendency to be really rambly, so I will try to keep this brief.

Hi! I'm Terri!

I just turned 30 this summer, July 15th (and thanks to Mern for the lovely PM - I was flattered to be thought of and remembered )

I started out on Fitday in January of 2011 weighing about 215 lbs, at 5'4.5"
At my lowest, I was in the 150s. That was in 2012. Fitday got me there!

I'm fairly certain I've gained back 15-20 lbs. with moving and other life stuff, but I am very very happy that I've kept most of it off for all this time. I haven't been logging food or exercise, but I have made a lot of permanent food changes in my life (the exercise has been harder, but I try).

I am a college professor in Neuroscience, I got my Ph.D. in 2010. I'm currently on a 2-year stint at a college in Indiana and back on the job market this fall, hoping to find a tenure-track position somewhere to call home

And also very importantly, I JUST GOT MARRIED! Wahoo! On August 11th, myself and my long-time BF Michael tied the knot. I couldn't be happier, and I was ALSO happy with being able to fit into the lovely dress in a non "big-girl" size. Don't have the professional pictures back yet, but here's a great one that a friend snapped:

Anyway, I am a busy girl - semester is starting, getting used to married life, on the job market, etc. Why not just add in some fitness goals to the mix, right?

I may be back later today or later this week with some jump-in goals once I get my head wrapped around how I want to get back in.

So happy this group is still around! <3 looking forward to getting to know new members and catching up with old!

~Terri
Weight 8/30/13 = 179.8 (net: -35.4)
Current mini-goal: 175 lbs.
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
taubele is offline   Reply With Quote