Notices

snack tips please

Old 08-14-2013, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Draw your attention here please!

HELLOOO PEOPLE OF THE FITNESS WORLD

I am a person who loves snack time ( healthy snacks that is). Since my turn around to make more healthirer choices, I have found myself constantly searching for healthier snacks, because chips and other bad sweets ARE NOT my friends anymore. If anyone has any ideas PLEASE send them this way to me. I do thank you!!!

Also, does anyone know what you can pair plain, regular popcorn with?

Last edited by Ey3z; 08-14-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

No person has any ideas to share? Anyone?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Smile

You can buy some very juicy fruits (fresh and whole), peel them, slice or dice them and mix them with plain non-fat yogurt. Kind of a parfait. If it's not sweet enough, add a little Splenda. Count the calories so you get an idea of what you are eating.

Or - if savory is your thing - chop some olives in with some non-fat feta cheese. Roll it up in crustless slices of whole grain bread. If it's not tasty enough as is, then dip it in a small amount of olive oil flavored with herbs, salt and garlic. Again, count the calories.

Or - use a mandoline and slice some potatoes really thin. Spray with canola oil. Bake at high heat, turning once. Then, once they start to brown, take the pan out and stand the slices on end (tricky, but try it) and warm on low oven heat for as long as it takes to get them stiffened up. Oil will drain off, the potatoes should be crisper. With salt, they are like 'baked' chips you buy in a bag, but will taste fresher and be cheaper.

Or - pop some low-fat microwave popcorn and sprinkle with herbs and salt. I like nutritional yeast (Bragg's brand is good, at Whole Foods) sprinkled on my popcorn. It DOES taste like cheese.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

I like these to snack on:

Wasabi Seaweed Snacks | Annie Chuns
Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

I'll second that!

Very crunchy, salty, savory! Very low in calories.

I have bought them at Trader Joe's. You can also get them on Amazon.com Grocery if you're in the U.S.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Make up your own trail mix with stuff you like, like oatmeal, raisins, nuts, whole wheat pretzels, cereals...you'll be surprised and you'll have fun dreaming up new stuff to put into your custom made trail mix.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:14 PM
FitDay Member

Cool, thanks! I've thought about using oatmeal before, but then I disregard that idea.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

Make up a vegan pizza using a pre-made whole wheat crust, pizza sauce, green and red peppers onions, mushrooms, dairy free cheese, cook it for 8-12 minutes let it cool then put it in the frig and let it get cold and enjoy cold pizza snacks later !! It takes a little effort but it's soooo worth it.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Quarter up a cantaloupe, throw out the seeds, take off the skin, and then dice it into bite size pieces. Put it into a bowl, then add some grapes, and enjoy !!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

This tastes like a Reeses peanut butter cup if your tortilla is very soft:

Spread two teaspoons peanut butter on a low carb tortilla, sprinkle with a packet of artificial sweetener and a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder. Roll up and enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.