View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
geoffreydunn12
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynnq View Post
It takes about 3500 calories to lose a pound. You can lose weight by eating 3500 calories less than your body needs or by exercising away 3500 calories.

For example, if your body needs 2000 calories a day to maintain its weight with your current activity level, if you ate 1500 calories a day for a week, you'd have a 500 calorie a day deficit. Times that times 7 and that's 3500 calories which should translate to about a pound loss in weight.

Or if you eat 2000 calories a day and jogged for 9 hours a week, the jogging would burn about 3500 calories and you'd lose about a pound.

Eating fewer calories a day is the easier way to weight loss, but exercise can supplement it and tone your body. Also, as you replace fat with muscle, you'll burn more calories.
I have to agree with you and thanks for providing such a great information with us. I also try to eliminate at least 1000 calories from my daily eating and although I'm struggling to do that I think I'm balancing well things. I don't have enough time to exercise daily so I would only do it 3x a week and I'm fine with that.
geoffreydunn12 is offline   Reply With Quote