Notices

Quest for weight loss : Started again

Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Quest for weight loss : Started again

Hello All,

This is Amit.. I weigh 215 pounds and aspire to loose 20 in coming 3 months. I tried numerous times in past with out success. This time , I started with the help of personal trainer. I am training with him twice a week ( 1 HR each ) for last 3 weeks. I do jog 2-3 times a week too. I am not counting my food yet but should do that too..

I started with 219 - July 1

July 1 - 219
July 30 - 215

I know i loose slow.. Only thing i want to keep the workouts going regardless of results i get and dont get disheartened.

Let me know if anyone else is in same boat.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Starting Again

Hi - sounds like your goals are the same as mine. I wish you luck along your journey. I just began again logging my food and trying to workout at least 30 minutes daily. My goal is to lose 20 pounds in 3 months. Nice and slow and steady, so I will be able to maintain the loss. I am working on more of a lifestyle change rather than a quick weight loss to make the number go down on the scale.

Maybe we can keep each other motivated.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Starting again Too!

Hi, I am right there with you!
Been up and down for too many years. Quit smoking a year ago, added weight to the point of ridiculous. Going to try again. Doing modified medifast. I cannot afford the foods, so I have spent hours calculating foods that will work and increasing proteins and supplements. I think I am pretty close to the meal,replacements. We will see! Good luck to you both! I will be looking for you!

8/1/13 254.7
8/4/13 249.6
Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ceemyheart
Hi, I am right there with you!
Been up and down for too many years. Quit smoking a year ago, added weight to the point of ridiculous. Going to try again. Doing modified medifast. I cannot afford the foods, so I have spent hours calculating foods that will work and increasing proteins and supplements. I think I am pretty close to the meal,replacements. We will see! Good luck to you both! I will be looking for you!

8/1/13 254.7
8/4/13 249.6

Hey ceemyheart ,

Great to see you.. I would be happy to share my progress with you...
Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mmbrown74
Hi - sounds like your goals are the same as mine. I wish you luck along your journey. I just began again logging my food and trying to workout at least 30 minutes daily. My goal is to lose 20 pounds in 3 months. Nice and slow and steady, so I will be able to maintain the loss. I am working on more of a lifestyle change rather than a quick weight loss to make the number go down on the scale.

Maybe we can keep each other motivated.
Hi mmbrown.. Great to see you..
Old 08-05-2013, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

5 Aug - I am sitting still at 215 pounds.. Did 2 personal training session with my trainer and 2 jogging session ( covered 3 miles and 2 miles in second) .. Lost nothing. Starting fresh today.. Will do 2 training sessions , 3 jogging days and will try to control food a bit .. let me know guys where are you.. ?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Progress

I am down only 1 lb this week, but when I weighed in my muscle mass increased and my fat percentage dropped. I am trying to not look so much as the number on the scale.

Today I started walking with a friend - luckily I live close to a lake with a great walking path. I had tried in the past to walk by myself, but it was hard to stay motivated. So will see how walking with a friend does. Although, I am not a morning person, we are meeting at 5:30 am - OUCH. LOL

Good luck this week everyone.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Don't be discouraged

Originally Posted by amitlog
5 Aug - I am sitting still at 215 pounds.. Did 2 personal training session with my trainer and 2 jogging session ( covered 3 miles and 2 miles in second) .. Lost nothing. Starting fresh today.. Will do 2 training sessions , 3 jogging days and will try to control food a bit .. let me know guys where are you.. ?
Don't be discouraged - with two sessions with a trainer and jogging, you are probably gaining muscle and it weighs more than fat, which would explain why the scale may not have changed this week. Once you get more muscle mass, you will notice a drop in weight. Hang in there and keep moving.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Did 3 jogging and 2 training session.. but still to crack in my weight.. Will go through everything again.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default How's it going?

Have you talked to your trainer about whether it is common not to see number on the scale go down with strength training? Also, are you drinking enough water? Water retention could also be the reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.