Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 8/5/13

Old 08-05-2013, 05:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Motivational Thread Starting 8/5/13

Hi all! I waited until lunch break at work to see if a new thread had been posted, but I don't see one. I will start it off this week. I lost 4 pounds this week making my total loss 52 pounds. I have to say I am really proud of myself for sticking to it. Good luck everyone!

Weeks goals:

1. Post all food that enters my mouth
2. Walk 20 min. 5 out of the 7 days
3. Look for a walking buddy
4. Continue to try and relieve stress
5. Lose 2 pounds
Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

RenewedSoul, congratulations on that four pounds lost this week and a total of 52 lbs. altogether! You are a role model for many of us! Best wishes this week as you continue your journey to better health and fitness.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome job on the 4 pounds!

I guess I should come up with goals this week. I haven't logged my food in a few weeks but have been staying active... as much as possible in this heat. Speaking of heat, at 6:30pm the heat index was 105*! I've been hitting the gym 3 days a week but Friday I pulled a muscle in my back on my first rep.

1) 3 liters water a day
2) 3 fruits/veggies per day
3) workout 3 times

Anyone else have any love for the number 3?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure what my goals will be for the week. I am making sure I'm drinking lots of water but I did treat myself to pulled pork sandwich at Ribfest today.

I'll post goals tomorrow evening after I go to Dr. I wish the number on the scale was lower but the number I'm really worried about is A1C.

Jenn
Old 08-05-2013, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default oops! fell off

Well I fell off the fitday wagon. For the first time in months I didn't log last week. First I was sick and then just some crazy days and I got a kitten (7 weeks old). No movement on the scale though, still bouncing around 1-3 lbs from goal. Like you Mike I have been active though not to the gym, but lots of walking and swimming and yoga. Sat we went to Hopewell Rocks, on the ocean floor of the Bay of Fundy. It's quite a hike. We had to take the shuttle partway back up because husband's broken leg swelled.

Renewed soul, your dedication and persistence are really paying off. Congratulations. Surely you can find a walking buddy.

Jenn good luck at the dr appt tomorrow.

Mike........I like the 3's. Not off to a roaring start though.

Goals:

1. Workout 3x, M-walk
2. Eat 3 veg per day, M-1
3. Do 3 (extra) chores per day, M-1
Old 08-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

1) 3 liters water a day no
2) 3 fruits/veggies per day no
3) workout 3 times no

Originally Posted by Robingen
Well I fell off the fitday wagon. For the first time in months I didn't log last week. First I was sick and then just some crazy days and I got a kitten (7 weeks old). No movement on the scale though, still bouncing around 1-3 lbs from goal. Like you Mike I have been active though not to the gym, but lots of walking and swimming and yoga. Sat we went to Hopewell Rocks, on the ocean floor of the Bay of Fundy. It's quite a hike. We had to take the shuttle partway back up because husband's broken leg swelled.

Renewed soul, your dedication and persistence are really paying off. Congratulations. Surely you can find a walking buddy.

Jenn good luck at the dr appt tomorrow.

Mike........I like the 3's. Not off to a roaring start though.

Goals:

1. Workout 3x, M-walk
2. Eat 3 veg per day, M-1
3. Do 3 (extra) chores per day, M-1
Nice goals. I've been off that wagon for a while, unfortunately I have had scale movement.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

8 glasses of water per day
8k walking per week
Calories under 1100 per day

I am noticing a pattern in my weight loss. I will have one or two good weeks followed by a low week. This is the low week at only two tenths of a pound.

RS: You are the leader of the pack again with a 4 pound loss.
Mern: I am rooting for you. Us shorties have to stick together.
Jenn: Good luck at the Dr.
Mike: I hope your back feels better soon.
Robin: Give your kitten a kiss from me.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
Robin: Give your kitten a kiss from me.
+1
Old 08-06-2013, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

I lost my cat a few years ago and I still miss him.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Just got back from Dr. A1C is the same as last time. Since my eating habits weren't great in June I'm happy with that. Weight was 2lbs lower than my scale at home. No comment that I was 5lbs lower than the last time I went to the Dr.
BP was high but I think that was due to TTOM. I have to go back in a month to check it again.

Am I allowed a rant? I waited a month to get in and there were only 2 people ahead of me. The waiting room as practically empty and I was told that they were SOOO busy. He certainly didn't take the time that my previous Dr did.

Jennifer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.