A good homemade pizza crust is simple to make. Here’s a recipe for a pizza crust that I always make for my family.
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
1 teaspoon of honey
1 packet of instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons of sea salt
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
1. Combine the dry ingredients (flour, yeast and sea salt) in a bowl.
2. Mix the honey in the water. Then, add the honey-water mixture and 2 tablespoons of the oil and mix, then knead until the dough forms into a smooth, solid ball. The ball should be soft but firm. If it’s too hard, add more water. If it’s too runny and overly sticky, add more flour.
3. Grease a large bowl with the remaining olive oil.
4. Add the dough and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Allow it to double in size. This usually takes me 45 minutes – 1 hour.
5. After it has risen, knead the dough a bit more on a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover both pieces with a damp towel or plastic wrap. Allow them to rest for about 10 minutes.
Add toppings and bake pizza in an oven on a pizza stone at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the crust browns and cheese thoroughly melts and bubbles. Instead of a pizza stone, you can also use a cast iron pan or a metal pizza pan. Personally, I prefer the outcome of pizzas made on my pizza stone.
Try this recipe at your home and enjoy with your family.