View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
breakthesame
FitDay Member

Maybe try to start a new auto-response habit -- alone? Get out of the house and go for a walk around the block. Alone and find yourself about to binge? Get out of the house and go for a walk around the block.

I haven't binged regularly/consistently in a long time, and I too still have the automatic response to eat when no one's looking. I know it's also partly an emotional trigger, as it's my automatic response to being in my parents' house as opposed to being alone in my apartment or at work.

It's hard when your house is full of college-boy-junk-food, so I'd suggest removing yourself from the situation when you feel the automated response kick in. Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work, but treat yourself if it does, perhaps if you manage to stave off the binge cycle 3 times in a week or however many times you decide, buy something small for yourself that you've wanted, something like that.

If you don't have a scale (though those can be double edged swords), it might be a good idea to buy one and keep it where only you have access to it.
breakthesame is offline   Reply With Quote