hi this is so new to me

Community
Notices

hi this is so new to me

Old 07-29-2013, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Smile hi this is so new to me

Hi

I am a 46 year old female, and having such a difficult time losing the weight. I excersise 4-5 times per week, half hour cardio and a half hour of either leggs, upper, or core spreading over 4-5 day period. I am getting married in October and I have to try to be down 30 pounds without having the back boobs spilling out of the dress, and the arms drooping to the floor. Anyways I think that i am on my way, but getting discouraged by the scale. Does anyone have any advise they can give?

I have been following this site for about a week. Need help please

Chris
Old 07-29-2013, 09:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Don't be discouraged

Hi - sounds like you have the right idea with the exercise. A couple things I thought of - 1) have you been logging everything you eat in a day? I found when I started that logging the food let me know exactly how many calories I was eating. When you put in your weight goal in the software, it calculates how many calories to shoot for in a day to lose weight. Also, I would suggest not going below 1200 calories in a day - many women's bodies will go into a starvation mode and slow down metabolism is the calorie intake is too low. Our bodies are wired to carry life so it will hold onto fat if it feels starved.

2) If the scale is not moving, and you are eating healthy, try focusing on how you feel and if your clothes are fitting better. Muscles weigh more than fat, so it is logical that if you are replacing fat with muscle the scale may not move for a little bit. But be rest assured it will move down if you keep it up. Luckily, muscle also burns more fat so very soon you could see a major drop.

Finally, be sure to drink the recommended 6-8 glasses of water to help with water retention.

Good luck and keep your head up.