Notices

Fitday App & Food listings

Old 07-19-2013, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday App & Food listings

I was wondering when there is going to be a Fitday App update.
Is there going to a updating of the Food lisings on fitday. There are so many foods and Packaged foods that are missing.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I don't disagree, I tend to pick something that I think is comparable and just throw that in there. Same thing if I eat something complex, paella for example (I have no idea if it is in there or not, just using it as an example) - there is no way I am going to go through the pain of separately adding rice, garlic, onions, tomatoes, chicken stock, green peppers, clams, shrimp, chicken, chorizo, peas, etc. etc. I'll pick something that I think is close and go with that. It is sometimes such a chore to add foods, that it makes me a little more motivated to simplify my eating.

On a somewhat related note (pain of adding foods to the list), does anyone else have problems with Fitday "hanging", particularly on the Food Log? I've tried both Internet Explorer and Chrome - it happens with both browsers, but I think only with the Fitday 2.0 interface, not Fitday Classic. It appears to be related to "long running scripts".

Anyone else see that?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

I have a lot of problems with the program hanging. I've used IE, Firefox, and Chrome and have tried it from different computers. The results have been the same, but inconsistent: the site seems to freeze or hang. At times it is unusable, but other times it runs slowly, but well enough to make it usable.

I've considered upgrading, but I can't see paying for the premium if the site is so slow as to make it not practical.