Notices

I give up

Old 07-24-2013, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default I give up

I am extremely depressed. I ate right, I cut calories, I exercised, and I did not lose one pound in two months. My doctor says with my lupus and my thyroid problems, I am never going to be able to lose weight. I need my thyroid removed, but have no insurance and no money to do it. I've tried everything. I am just giving up now. I can't take the disappointment anymore.

You know, I used to look at obese people and think they could lose weight if they wanted to. I apologize to everyone for thinking that. I am now one of you who can't lose weight because of health issues there are no fixes for.

I will continue to walk because I like it, but no more torturing myself for no reason.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

I just want yo give you a hug. If your thyroid needs removed, you might be able to apply for medical assistance even if you are working depending on your yearly income. If not look into some insurance plans like blue cross can offer reduced rates around 100.00/month per single depending on your state. Ask your dr to set you up with your area human svcs so a social worker can help figure out a plan. Keep at it, i know it seems fruitless but exercise is good for your whole body even if it appears to be not working.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Could you work in some new exercise? You may not be able to lose weight, but that doesn't mean you can't have a stronger body to be proud of.
That's a really tough situation, hang in there *hugs*
Old 07-31-2013, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

I agree about wanting to give you a hug. Try shifting your mindset, not to your weight, but all the health benefits that you get from taking care of yourself. Keeping moving has a huge effect on your lupus for the better. Weight is just a number. Throw out you scale and just take care of yourself. You're worth it.