Notices

I can't lose any more..

Old 04-30-2010, 05:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default I can't lose any more..

First of all, I'm in tears so this may sound really depressing.. Sorry.

Second, I know I've hit a plateau. I've been here for a year and a half.

Third, I lost sixty pounds a year and a half ago and in the mean time have only lost ten pounds. I cannot get under 179 no matter how much I run or how little I eat.

Help? Suggestions?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:28 PM
FitDay Member

How does your calorie pie chart look? I've found that calories are not my enemy, my biggest enemy is carbs. If my carbs make up more than 50% of my calories, I will not lose no matter how little I eat. I have to work really hard every day just eating enough protein to move that dial. Sometimes in order to break a plateau I have to eat only proteins (and a little bit of fat) to break through it.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Here are some other suggestions...

Try altering your workout. Start bike riding, boot camps, or other exercise. Make sure you do weight bearing exercise like squats, lunges, pushups, etc. Your body might be used to what you've been doing and needs a bit of a boost.

Talk to your doctor. Something might be out of whack, vitamins, hormones, something else??? I found when I started taking certain vitamins, I started losing again.

Almeeker has a great suggestion too. I find when I eat too much meat I stop losing weight, but I still need other proteins to fill the gap.

It is really frustrating just trying to figure out how our bodies work on this road to weight loss. But, it sounds like you are healthy and fit, which is a great start to losing the rest of your weight!!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

I feel you. I have been at a plateau for about 6 months, I guess. I am fed up. I was thinking that if I just continue, it will resolve itself. Nope. So, now I am trying to zig zag my calories. In seven days, I will still average out to be approximately 1400 calories per day, but will alternate like this: Mo. 1385 cal
tues. 1217 cal
Wed. 1758 cal
thurs. 1221 cal
fri. 1142 calories
sat. 1619 cal
Sun. 1450 cal

I have just started it and after half a week(actually tomorrow will be 1 week), I believe I have lost 1 lb. We will see if it was just water weight fluctuation on the scale (that always peeves me). I am trying to make sure that my higher cal days are on the weekend (cuz my family being around always tempts me more) and on Wednesdays, which is a really tough workout day. I am also trying to keep my carbs at 50%, protein at 25 % and fat at 25% (don't know if I have to tweak that, yet).