View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #46 (permalink)
RenewedSoul
FitDay Premium Member

It's Wednesday and the week is almost half over. To all the people suffering in the heat, I hope you all drink plenty of water and try to stay cool. I hate walking in the heat but mostly the humidity. I have been walking at 11 pm outside, so I can avoid it.

I have never heard of the watermelon cleanse. I do know that watermelon is super high in Lycopene, which is great for cardiovascular health and bones. The best thing is it is a yummy alternative to unhealthy sweets.

Libby: I can relate to rewarding yourself for control. In past attempts to lose weight, I would reward myself with unhealthy food every time I would reach a mini goal. Crazy huh? The reward this time is obtaining better health and just feeling better. I can't wait to reward myself with buying a whole new wardrobe.

Week goals:

1. Research five different ways to relieve stress: Yes Tai chi, Yes Deep Breathing
Tai chi: A gentle way to fight stress - MayoClinic.com
Stress management: Breathing exercises for relaxation
2. Log in all food intake: Yes, Yes
3. Stay under 1,200 calories a day: Yes, Yes (actually I am not getting enough calories in, hard to eat when it's so hot)
4. Walk 5 out of the 7 days this week: Yes, Yes
5. Lose 2 pounds: Thinking positive

As of Sept. 12, 2013: -67 pounds gone

Many more pounds to go

"Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world."
-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
RenewedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote