View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
FitDay Member
Default Look i came back!

Man, life sure has gotten in the way of ME in the last 3 months.
Baseball, soccer and my husband had a bit of a health scare, the last thing
I made time for was jumping around the health blogs and forums.

I've missed you all, but I haven't forgotten any of you. FitDay is the one thing that was constant and helped me during my weight loss journey. Just wanted you guys to know that I am here again, and to tell you some good news that I hope helps keep you guys motivated too.

While I stepped away from this forum, I switched to a maintenance type of diet. I didn't log or track my food and exercise, but from doing this for so long, I've gotten a pretty good idea of proper portion sizes and what to avoid. Tried not to obsess about things, if I ate a poor lunch I made up for it with a healthy dinner, etc.

I weighed in today and after 3 months of this, I am the same weight. I maintained. I cant believe it!

Listen, I still have issues with my self image when it comes to weight. I am sure this will stay with me forever. But what a pleasant surprise that I can lead a normal life for 3 months and despite all the stresses and daily struggles, I can keep my weight where it is.

This must count for something, right?

Hang in there ladies, one step at a time, just keep swimming! And talk to you soon...
Chris S.
Insulin dependent diabetic since early 2011
Start wt. 171. (dec 2011)
Current wt 143 lbs.
Goal wt. 140 lbs
jonjaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote