Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-8-2013: What have you got to lose? >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-8-2013: What have you got to lose?

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-8-2013: What have you got to lose?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-8-2013: What have you got to lose?

I thought at the onset of last week it would be a difficult to reach my goals, and so it was. So I'd like to approach this week with a new attitude. So I'm mod'ing my goals a bit this week.
  • Lose 1/2 inch from waist:
  • Sugar < 40g / day:
  • Vegetables > 3 / day:
  • Cholesterol < 200mg:
  • Calorie deficit every day:
  • Workout > 150 mins/wk:
Old 07-08-2013, 01:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I had a bad dream last night... dreamed that I had made a promise to some online "buddies" to go 7 days w/ no alcohol, starting this morning.

(Not that I am used to drinking every day, but a glass of wine at night or a beer in the afternoon sometimes is an enjoyable way to wind down.)
Old 07-08-2013, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all. Six pound loss last week so everyone do the happy dance! Since the goals worked so well they'll stay the same this week.

Goals:

1. log food every day
2. keep calories between 1400-1600
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least three times
Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Continuing to recover far ahead of schedule. Still trying to find that "magic line" of pushing myself as much as I can without overdoing it. Did my longest walk last night without any issues, so I think the worst is over. Making the long trip tomorrow for my follow-up appointment with my surgeon and am hoping to get a good report. Have to find out why surgeon won't let me drive for 6 weeks when it's my left leg... Grrrrrrrrrr.......

On to goals:

1. Add at least 2 blocks per day until I regain my 4 mile routine.
2. Continue to eat nothing but healthy, nutrient-rich food.
3. Resist the urge to over-do.
4. Work on strengthening weak leg; do something each day that I couldn't do the day before.
5. STAY POSITIVE!!! Don't let negative thoughts (or people) derail my recovery.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning!

To finish up from last week, I did okay on calories yesterday but I didn't get my run in. Honestly, I probably could have, but I wimped out near the end of waiting for the rain to pass because I was so hungry and just done waiting.

My goals are going to stay as usual:
1.) Be pleased with my calories
2.) Drink 64 oz water/day
3.) Exercise:
M: Gym
T: Run 4 miles
W: Gym
Th: Run 4 miles
F: off
S: off
Su: Run 6 miles
4.) Make a lot of headway on this paper

I'm going camping this weekend, which I'm looking forward to but also not sure how well I'll stay on plan. Hopefully I can counteract any overindulgence by hiking and whatnot.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone!

Goals will be simple this week
1. Keep to carb limit
2. 4 servings fruits and veggies (focus on more veggies!)
3. 6 glasses of water!!
4. Lose 1lb

Personal goals
1. Clean out storage room
2. Read more (borrowed from Robin's goals last week)

Jenn
Old 07-08-2013, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Dad_in_FL
I had a bad dream last night... dreamed that I had made a promise to some online "buddies" to go 7 days w/ no alcohol, starting this morning.

(Not that I am used to drinking every day, but a glass of wine at night or a beer in the afternoon sometimes is an enjoyable way to wind down.)
Ha! I am experiencing a bad case of second thoughts already - it won't take much arm-twisting to persuade me to at least postpone the endeavor... (fingers crossed....)
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I lost 5 pounds, so I am really thrilled right now. My total weight loss is now 40 pounds. I am definitely keeping baked sweet potatoes in my diet. I will post this weeks goals a bit later. I need to start exercising more.

Dmartz: Switching up goals is a good idea. I am actually going to start changing mine, too. Good luck this week.

Mel-Mc: Great weight loss! I bet your super happy about the six pound loss. Good luck this week!

Quinn: Your recovery is going great. You are putting a lot of effort into it, which is making you way ahead of schedule with recovering. I admire your determination.

Bojibridge: Good luck this week with your goals. Camping time is a hard time passing up temptations for me. Smores are evil.

Jenn, Dad_in_Fl, & Kocialapcia: Good luck with your goals this week.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RenewedSoul
I lost 5 pounds, so I am really thrilled right now. My total weight loss is now 40 pounds. I am definitely keeping baked sweet potatoes in my diet. I will post this weeks goals a bit later. I need to start exercising more.
Woo hoo! So impressive! Have fun increasing exercise. If you keep eating like you do and add more exercise, you will need to shop for smaller and smaller clothes every week!

Last edited by Kocialapcia; 07-08-2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-08-2013, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Well, despite not meeting all of my goals, I lost quite a bit last week. Now I'm imagining what I can do if I actually meet them this week.

1. Swim at least twice.
2. Continue logging everything.
3. Be happy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.