View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
wowgirl88
FitDay Member

Hi Kwest85blue!
To be honest, I don't actually use the main site, I just come to the forums for the support and conversations!
I joined here a while back, and my goal was to get into the Royal Australian Air Force... fast forward, and I'm in! I finished Recruit (initial) training a couple of months ago, and right now am doing what's called "IETs" (Initial Employment Training) i.e: the training in our actual jobs.

My goals are pretty simple at this stage: get fit!

I've come out of recruits a lot fitter than I was, and struggled a fair bit while I was there because of my lack of fitness.
Long story short, as soon as I got there I failed the initial fitness test (which I had passed two weeks prior), then when I had my second chance I got so nervous I basically failed myself because of nerves.
Three months later I finally got onto course after a lot of hard work from the awesome PTIs (Physical Training Instructors), and passed the final fitness test at the end of course by a mere seven seconds.

So now I'm in IETs and pretty much the most unfit person by a long shot, so on the list is get to a healthier weight and quit smoking. Don't get me wrong, I'm 'relatively' fit, but there's room for improvement.

Hope that wasn't too long winded, bit I figured I can link to this post if it gets too hard to explain in other topics.
Looking forward to chatting with you later.

Respect. Excellence. Agility. Dedication. Integrity. Teamwork.
Professionalism. Loyalty. Integrity. Courage. Innovation. Teamwork.
wowgirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote