View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #98 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Libby! I'm so sorry your doctor appointment didn't go as you had hoped. Be assured of my continued prayers that in August a good diagnosis and successful resolution to your medical problem is developed. Big gentle cyberhug to ya! Commenting on your earlier posts this week: Major kudos on managing your blood sugar with diet alone! You have GOT to be so proud of yourself. Also huge congrats on your weight loss, cholesterol and blood pressure. My doc would have prescribed statin meds for my high cholesterol but I refused it and she helped me get it down to normal with diet alone, going from a high of 244 to 198. My weight loss hasn't been wonderful, but I now only have to go for checkups for every six months instead of every three or four. Great job on the restraint for yourself while cooking for your guys. Sounds like you know what to do and how to do it. You are an inspiration! Great idea on the divided plate. Your Monday and Tuesday reports are great, too

Donna Ostendorf, wow! Congrats on the weight loss! Planning to log your food at your dad's barbeque is awesome.

Mel-Mc. congrats on your restraint at the party! A gold star well-deserved!

wowgirl, welcome back. Wishing you an awesome week, too. Kudos on controlling the junk food. There are probably a LOT of people at your gym who look trim now, but used to be heavy. I'm the heaviest person in my senior cardio class at the Y. One day we will no longer be embarrassed. Be proud of yourself for going to the gym at all. There are people who use their looks as an excuse to not exercise--kudos to you for not being one of them.

Hehecherie, welcome.

Tori, thanks for filling me in about Quinn. Wishing you a good rest of the week.

Ian, so encouraging that you're not giving up on the exercise. You can do it!

Mike, I must commend you on your trying with the weights yesterday. Even if I don't reach my exercise target, as long as I tried my best, I give myself credit.

Jennifer, how wonderful that you were complimented on weight loss. I wanna be like YOU when I "grow up."

Claire, "so far, so good" is wonderful. Well done!

Quinn, wow, you are one amazing woman. Wonderful that you're back to exercising and not on pain meds! I'd bet my bottom dollar you'll be backpacking in the Smokies in September. Hey, I'm the OLDEST of the old crew, I think. But remember that means y'all have to MIND ME! LOL

Joanna, it's great to see you here and doing so well. I don't do Starbucks, but thought it was great that you gave recommendations to those who do. So encouraging that we don't have to be deprived. Menu offerings at so many places can be adapted to give ourselves a taste treat and still stay on plan.

Dad-in-FL, kudos on your weight loss! Great way to start out. I don't know if you are new to this or not, but if so, remember in case you reach a plateau in the future that sometimes our bodies take a break from weight loss while adjusting to it's lower scale numbers. That's OK--it'll pick up again when it's ready. Also, water retention weight doesn't look any better on a body than fat weight, so I totally agree that even if it's mostly water, being down 10+ lbs. is a good thing. Developing better eating habits is what it's all about. Way to go on that thinking.

Carolyn, thanks so much for your kind words about spending time with my grandkids. I did have to skim the posts in an attempt to catch up after being gone almost all day yesterday. Looks like you're doing very well on your goals so far. Kudos on that!
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote