View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #143 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robingen View Post
My favorite blizzard is a peanut butter cup. I think I too Mike would partake if I could get them so rarely. But I have one literally 3 blocks away from my work. I literally work on a street that has almost every fast food franchise around. But the pool is only 3 blocks away, and it's indoor and it's 3 dollars a swim, so it's all good.

Today I am 4 pounds from my goal weight. Mike thank you for coming up with a fun theme this week because I am getting bored(!) of my goals.
Big congrats on the -4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by episode2011 View Post
Claire (and Mike, Ian and Robin), I feel so out of the loop. I've never had a Blizzard. Lived through (and shoveled out from ) a few, but have never eaten one. I couldn't even tell you where the nearest DQ is, but it must be fairly far away. I don't even recall seeing any DQ ads since we moved here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocialapcia View Post
I don't even know what a blizzard is (or a Dairy Queen for that matter)! Oh, well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynnq View Post
I've never had a blizzard. Or maybe that should be .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robingen View Post
For those of you who have never been at a DQ or tried a blizzard, I am in shock. I live in the STICKS and I have eaten way too many of these. So if you have never tried one I guess you have to if you are ever near a DQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireS89 View Post
I think it depends on where you live, if you'll have one, honestly. As to having to try one, well, only if you're willing to drop 500+ calories (in a small) on a dessert--even a most tasty one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynnq View Post
I've been to DQs - not recently though - just never had a blizzard. I'd always get their soft serve vanilla cone dipped in chocolate - yum! I had better get my mind thinking about something else.

So much to talk about today but I guess I'll hit on a popular subject. If anyone is wanting a Blizzard but doesn't have a DQ near by, try to locate a Sonic and get a blast. If you want it to be just like a Blizzard, get it without whipped cream. But as stated before, be careful, it's a calorie bomb. For the others that don't know what a Blizzard is, it vanilla ice cream that's crammed with your choice of goodness. Like Reese's PB cup pieces, Butterfinger, Oreo, etc.

As for me this week. I've been active. I workout 3 times this week, which is probably the first time in MONTHS! I've only walked once for the 3.33 miles. Did a lot of yard work. Nearly past out yesterday in the heat. The scale was up for me today so my "3 pounds lost" isn't going to happen.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote