Thread: I'm a newbie!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gem7
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnKayMO View Post
I had my annual physical today. UGH! Since I moved to Missouri two years ago, I've gained 22 pounds!! SOOO not good! I used to play around with FitDay back when I was just trying to make sure I was getting enough nourishment - now I'm looking for help losing weight.

I'm divorced, have three grown children, and after living in the same general area of southwest Virginia for most of my life; in the past 12 years I've lived in 4 states and moved 10 times!! Can I say there's been more than a little stress?? I've recently (last Thursday) rescued a black Lab mix - the result of having mentioned to a friend that I was thinking of maybe thinking about getting a small, non-shedding dog. Yes - I realize the Lab doesn't match More stress or less?? I think - after I get used to the whole idea - it will be a good thing.

I work for a center for independent living - we work with people with disabilities to help them live independently - as in, in their own homes, not in a facility of some kind. I enjoy the people I work with and the work that I do. I'm the Outreach Coordinator - lots of talking to people and making presentations and teaching people about our programs and services.

Losing weight is going to be SOO difficult for me! I have some medical conditions that require meds that cause weight gain, and exercising is often difficult. But I'm now pre-diabetic and weigh WAY too much for my height. I have to get healthier - and this time - that includes huge weight loss!

I look forward to getting to know people!

I have asthma so I understand having hard time excising. I am walking when the heat here is not to hot. and move slowly....
Gem7 is offline   Reply With Quote