Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6-24

Old 06-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6-24

Back by popular demand, The Count! Not really but "Back by popular demand" sounds flashy and important.

Health and Fitness
1) Lose 3 pounds (starting weight 191.4)
2) Gym 3 times
3) 3 Liters of water per day
4) 3 Fruits/veggies per day
5) 3k Calorie deficit

Other
6) Ban 3 spammers
7) Write 3 Policies

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-24-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Just got my first spammer for the week. That should be my easiest goal, I just need to make sure I don't ban the wrong people.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:43 PM
FitDay Member

I like it! No doubt this will turn into a 3 for all

I need to lose 2lbs per week over the next 14 and bit weeks to hit my first long term goal.

Because I have a holiday, a stag do and a Wedding within the next 3 months I know that realistically I need to smash out some high scoring weeks and get myself well ahead of schedule.

I'm looking to lose minimum of 2lbs but am setting my sights on a big week.

Training in the woods tonight, punchbag and bodyweight exercises tomorrow. Rest Wednesday. Run with stops for pull ups, sit ups, push ups, beam jumps, back row and more sit ups Thursday. Rest Friday. Then hundreds of stairs with kettlebell carrys and slalom running down hill, followed by some parachute sprints.

Just really need to keep my eating in check this week.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:00 PM
FitDay Member

This weeks goals:

Swim At least 5 laps at least 3 times this week
Log calories/activities
Loose more weight (trying for at least 3 pounds)
Old 06-24-2013, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Great Start!

I feel like I'm late to this party!

Welcome Dave! Very witty rejoinder!

Mike: Lovin' the theme. One nit it pick: shouldn't that be three veggies/fruits? (The fruits are easy. Veggies, not so easy.)

It's going to be a great week. I can tell. My goals are the usual, with special emphasis on more veggies and less sugar.

- Donna
Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

I know what you mean, Donna, about being late to the party! I don't think I've ever seen the Moti-Thread started so early! Thanks, Mike, for getting the ball rolling this week!

I think Claire and Dave joined us last week, when I was away from posting. Therefore, please allow me to say my Hellos and Welcomes now!

Oh and Mike, you've given me another goal -- I have to find something for the 3 theme. Will get back to ya on that .

As for my goals, gonna stick with the tried and true.

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!):
  • Maintain adequate daily hydration:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 30g protein:
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: ...(0/4)
  • Study every day:
Last week, I wasn't able to get in the physical activity or studying, and, by the end of the week, the fiber fell, too. This week *should* be better (assuming the rest of life calms back down). I've decided to give myself the extra challenge of adding protein to the main list of goals. Last week, it was a Trial Goal and I was able to maintain it. Barely, but it got done.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

>500 calories worth of exercise each day
<2500 calories from alcohol for the week
>2500 calories difference for the week
<40g fat per day
Old 06-24-2013, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: I’m sitting here staring at the Count, with this big grin all over my face, visions of drei little pigs, trois bears and три billy goats dancing in my head…(google translate, remember?)
Monkeydave: just reading your athletic regimen for this week made me burn at least three calories!
This week’s goals:
1. Burn more calories that than what I eat over the week –(tempted to say three times more, but whoa!)
2. Last week I added one new activity, was planning on adding two this week, but now I have no choice than to make it tres activities in addition to what I normally do. I hope we have a walking challenge!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

A new week begins. I was really happy to lose 3 pounds last week and get past the 30 mark. I have lost 32 pounds in 8 weeks, which I know will slow down anytime. I have worked really hard and know I have tons more work to do. I am going to keep some of my goals but work on a new one this week. I was down in the middle of the last week and thought about cheating, but I stayed strong. I was on a strict all raw fruit and veggie diet the first 6 weeks. I added beans and boiled egg (even though I have only ate one). I added veggie burgers this week and had one last night. I have never had one until this week. It wasn't too bad. I have been really craving meat, so it helped get past that. Good luck everyone!

Weeks goals:

*Drink 12 oz of water with each meal
*Walk daily
*Eat less than 1,100 calories a day
*Walk stairs at work 20 times a day/3 days this week
*Lose at 2 pounds
Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Dave. It looks like you've got your exercise well covered. If you're going to be logging what you eat, that ought to keep you on track.

RenewedSoul - congrats on the loss!

Kocia - Another possible source for new activities - for any of you that have Comcast/Xfinity OnDemand. I just discovered that under the Sports & Fitness section, they have tons of various workouts available (cardio, dance, abs, etc) - and at different levels.

Donna - you can't go wrong with more veggies and less sugar!

I lost a pound last week. I saw the loss last week, but wasn't sure it was going to stick, but it did. So I have to give credit where credit is due - Mike's strategy of having me log in to see that I'm banned for life from the forum seems to have worked.

3??? I'll have to think of a 3 goal. They only have early morning swims twice a week, and it's hard for me to go at the other times. I'll have to come back to that.

Mike - re your 3-policy goal. At first, since it followed "ban 3 spammers," I thought you were going to write 3 policies for the forums - like maybe at least one post a day has to be in poem form.

-----
Goals:
1. Avg under 1400/day calories for week
2. Avg 45-min day extra movement 50 today so far!
3. No white flour, sugar foods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.