Thread: Just a rant.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
jennygoodman
FitDay Member

Unhappy Just a rant.

I REALLY am not a fan of myself sometimes.

Back story: I'm 25 years old. I'm 5'8", and I weigh 174 pounds. I don't LOOK like I weigh that much, but trust me, I do. I've always been heavier than what I appear. I've been up and down with my weight since I graduated high school. For a while, I struggled with bulimia, and as much as I hate to say it (risking sounding sick again), that was when I looked my best. I was never at an unhealthy weight (just an unhealthy mindset), and I was FIT. I worked out for hours a day, so of course I looked good.

Anyway, now I'm squishy again. No, I don't purge anymore, so that's a good thing. Now I'm just lazy. Unmotivated. Well, not all the time, I suppose. I work out two or three times a week, usually just doing 25 minutes or so on the elliptical, and then I spend 10 to 15 minutes doing ab and arm workouts, and sometimes squats or lunges. It's not like I'm completely sedentary. And I watch what I eat, I really do! I count calories, I try to stay around 1700 per day (I have a hard time restricting lower than that without getting back into a dangerous mindset again).

I just...am getting really frustrated. My scale does NOT move! Water weight, sure, but real loss? Nope.

Now I can see where you might say "well maybe you need to work out more." That would be an acceptable answer, except...up until a month ago, I didn't work out AT ALL. I just started working out! Don't you think I would show SOME improvement???

Seriously...somebody help me
jennygoodman is offline   Reply With Quote