View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Robyn7762
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlass1 View Post
Hello everyone, first I want to say I love fitday!! I'm a 44 year old female soon to be 45 in a month. I have been watching every calorie since January 15th. and keep a journal along with fitday, my problem is I have only lost 10 pounds!! I know a lot may be hormonal because I'm going through perimenopause. I do not exercise rigorously because I have a bad knee, I am very active around the house and yard which are pretty big and I do my exercise bike 3 times a week and walk when I can...usually... I struggle with knee pain a lot but I'm fighting the good fight and trying so hard. I am 5'7 and I need to lose 60 pounds. I actually do really well on my calorie count. I have maybe one or two cheat days a month....I was wondering if there was anyone with similar situation on weight loss and perimenopause?
Hi Irishlass1,

I will be 51 in July and I understand what u are going thru. Hormones play a big role in weight loss. Your bum knee don't help either. 10 lbs. in about 12 weeks isn't bad! Slow weight loss is gone stay off more than a quick drop. I have gone from 191.8 lbs. in Jan of 2012 to 163 lbs as of today. It has been a slow drop. I have been stuck at 160 to 165 for several months. I deal with a lot of stress, my hub and I care for his 89 yr. old mom and we are stressed to the max.
When I started this weight loss journey in 2010 I was at 182 lbs. I drop to 165 lbs and than regained after being put on hrt. and cholesterol meds. stopped them and started dropping. I got down to 184 lbs. last June and got a puppy and dropped 10 lbs. in 2 months. Was put on metformin for diabetes and dropped another 10 lbs. and here I sit stuck at my current weight.

This isn't a marathon. We didn't gain this weight overnight. It isn't going to come off overnight. Be patient and continue to do what you are doing. Trying adding 1 extra 10 - 20 minute walk a day to your workout it may give you the boost you need. Just My Opinion.

Good luck. Sounds like your doing everything great. Just them darn hormones.

Starting weight 163 lbs. June 23, 2013
Robyn7762 is offline   Reply With Quote