Admin {{ oUser.name }} Logout Looking to lose weight? Try our FREE Calorie Counter » | Log In
All Articles Fitness Nutrition

8 Celebs and the Unusual Obsessions That Help Them Stay Camera-Ready

Think you're the only one with unique health obsessions? Hollywood celebrities are just as (if not more so) guilty.

Celebrities aren’t immune to unusual health and fitness obsessions. In fact, they can be even more prone to it, due to outside pressure to stay slim and trim at all times.

Cameron Diaz

Cameron Diaz, the author of #1 New York Times bestseller The Body Book, is self-proclaimed obsessed with nutritious eating and exercise. Because she looks the part maintaining a healthy physique, some of her diet obsessions — like adding lemon to just about everything she eats and drinks, and adding eggs to lots of different meals — seem justified. But she doesn’t always follow a strict diet, allowing about 20 percent of what she eats to be not-so-healthy foods.

Gwyneth Paltrow

While Gwyneth Paltrow claims to follow a non-restrictive well-balanced diet, she does have a fitness obsession. Today.com says Gwyneth completes Tracy Anderson workouts 5 days per week to stay slim and trim, and allow her to eat basically anything she wants. Tracy Anderson exercise DVDs offer a variety of workouts — including trampoline, dance, boot camp, pregnancy, post-pregnancy, and muscle-specific routines.

Tom Brady

Believe it or not, Tom Brady and his wife Gisele Bundchen eat a super clean diet consisting of about 80 percent organic vegetables, grains, and a little bit of fruit. The other 20 percent of the diet is from lean (organic) meats like steak, salmon, chicken, and duck. They cook with coconut oil and use raw olive oil every now and then — but steer clear of canola oil, iodized salt (they use Himalayan pink salt instead) tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplants, peppers, coffee, caffeine, dairy foods, and anything with gluten in it.

Marie Osmond

Marie Osmond’s diet obsession is with Nutrisystem, the weight loss plan that helped her shed 50 pounds. The Nutrisystem plan claims to help you lose an average 1 to 2 pounds weekly, and up to 13 pounds in the first month! When you sign up for Nutrisystem, a plan Marie Osmond swears by, you’ll get to choose your plan and pick a variety of Nutrisystem meals and snacks. And you’ll eat six times daily — every two to three hours.

Simon Cowell

Want to burn calories while reminiscing about favorite childhood memories? Try what Simon Cowell reportedly does daily, which is climb trees. It’s true tree climbing may be more of a relaxation strategy than a workout, but it’s a way to burn extra calories, be active, and spend some time outdoors.

Pamela Anderson

Most people obsessed with health and fitness enjoy looking in mirrors regularly, but not Pamela Anderson. While she manages to stay slim and trim with regular workouts and lots of plant-based foods (she follows a vegan diet), she reportedly avoids mirrors and watching herself on television at all costs.

Tyra Banks

In addition to eating a variety of healthy foods, Tyra Banks works out religiously with strength, resistance and cardio-based workouts. Her personal trainer has her doing something most people don’t: parachute running. This exercise happens when a parachute is tied around your waist adding resistance, and you run with it to build stamina, strength, and a toned-up body.

“The Rock” (Dwayne Johnson)

Dwayne Johnson, otherwise known as “The Rock,” has a seriously intense exercise regimen that’s more like a bodybuilding workout than your typical Hollywood fitness program. While training for the movie Hercules, Dwayne worked out six days per week by doing 50 minutes of cardio and training specific body parts with weights for a total of 90 to 105 minutes per workout. He also focuses on eating vegetables, healthy carbs and protein — and eats about six to seven times daily to maintain muscle mass and stay lean.

[Image via Shutterstock]

{{ oArticle.title }}

{{ oArticle.subtitle }}