If you're trying to lose weight and are not comfortable with weight-loss or metabolism supplements or pills, consider some simple tricks to help you increase metabolism naturally!
Food does some amazing things for our bodies, including fight disease, so it's not a surprise that some foods naturally boost your metabolism. Try adding some of the following foods to your diet each day:
- green tea
- grape fruit
- hot peppers
- low-fat dairy
- acai juice
- lean meats
Burning calories means adding activity to our lifestyles, and exercise sessions are the real metabolism boosters. Try incorporating both cardio and strength exercise like:
- Cardiovascular: biking, brisk walking, elliptical trainers, climbing stairs, or aerobics class
- Muscle building: lifting weights, using resistance bands, push ups, squats, and chin-ups
- Circuit training: a combination of cardio exercise alternating with mucscle-building exercises
Just as there are natural ways to boost your metabolism, there are also natural ways you slow your metabolism--often without even knowing about it. Here are a few:
- Skipping meals--always eat breakfast!
- Sleeping less than 6 hours a night.
- Eating empty calorie foods--exchange them for low carb, low-fat, high nutrition foods.
- Choosing processed foods--exchange them for whole grains.
Supplements and pills don't have to be a part of your weight-loss plans, with all of these natural tips available!