A slim and tone exercise regimen, easily accomplished at home or without a gym and major equipment, lies at everyone's fingertips. Having a positive attitude, a few pieces of equipment and a well thought out plan of attack will lead to success.
Pick a Goal
Losing weight, a goal chosen by many, requires far different tactics than other physical goals and objectives. Simply put, weight loss happens when more calories get burned than consumed. Toning often refers to the unveiling of muscle structure such as shoulder striations, defined abs or a chiseled set of calves. The human muscle anatomy gets covered by fatty tissue when you have a sedentary lifestyle, so by taking part in a vigorous exercise regimen, with or without a gym, you can uncover the unwanted pounds and slim your overall figure in the process.
Exercise Without Gym Equipment
Several exercises performed at home mimic exact motions that expensive machinery provides. Without purchasing a membership to a gym, you can simply research certain exercises that affect muscle groups and then adapt them to the home setting. Leg press machines target specific muscles in the legs, just as the bench press provides a thorough compound chest workout. Substitutes that require no equipment at all include:
- Stationary lunges
- Walking lunges
- Touch squats
- Step ups
- Reverse pushups
- Weighted dips
These exercises and other can provide you with equal muscle toning ability. Find a list of substitute exercises here at fitday.com or in instructional workout books and media. Endless possibilities for exercise regimens await those who seek a non-gym aided workout for sliming and toning their bodies.
Design a detailed workout schedule that incorporates all body parts and major muscle groups. Matching a gym's capabilities at home requires planning, but ultimately takes as much time as would a normal exercise routine plan. Choose exercises that require no equipment to ensure a quick start to the workout.
- Core strengthening techniques and those that target the abs require simple well known exercises such as sit ups, running long distances and sprinting.
- Always add cardiovascular exercises to an away from the gym workout. Burning calories through running and plyometrics routines will provide quick toning and desired results.
- Try incorporating both calorie burning sections as well as compound and muscle specific exercises in every workout section
- Slimming the body and toning muscle require the loss of fatty tissue and the stimulating of muscles through resistance based exercises.
- Lacking in one area of exercise will limit your ability to reach the ultimate goal of a slimmed and toned figure.
- Stretching and warming up prior to workouts will increase muscle function and decrease the risk of injury.
- Warming up with low impact cardiovascular activities such as jogging in place or lightly jumping rope will burn calories and allow muscle fibers to better react toward vigorous exercises.
The gym may provide all of the necessary equipment for a workout, but all that you really need to slim and tone can be found right in your own home.