Fitting a workout into your already hectic schedule is tough, but in just 20 minutes or less, you can sneak this workout in between tasks. Designed to give you a bit of cardio while targeting your shoulders, triceps and back, you'll feel energized and strong to take on your day!
Step by Step:
1. Warm Up: Moderately paced Glute Kicks for 2 minutes (Image 1).
2. 10 Shoulder Pushups (Image 2). 10 Tricep Dips (Image 3).
3. 10 Pushup Drop Downs leading with the right arm, then 10 Pushup Drop Downs leading with the left arm (Image 4). Back Raise Hold for 30 seconds (Image 5).
4. Fast paced Glute Kicks for 3 minutes.
Repeat #2-4 2 more times and increase the hold time and amount of repetitions as you get stronger.
5. Cool Down: Slowly paced Glute Kicks for 2 minutes.
Photos by Andie Baker.
Katy Moeggenberg owns, manages, and instructs at both the Blue Ash Shaolin-Do and Anaya Belly Dance in Cincinnati, Ohio. She's a Kung Fu black belt (4th degree), professional dancer and choreographer, runner, and Yogi. She has enabled a variety of goals for her clients to come true-fine tuning professional dancers' routines, honing martial artists' skills for complex competitions, and empowering clients to lose as much as 100 pounds. She performs dance and Kung Fu over 50 times a year across national venues. In addition, her teaching has been featured and sought after at national dance conventions and NFL cheerleader training camps. Learn more about Katy at katym.me.